When Should you have Cataract Surgery?
Posted By || 09-22-2015
Are you suffering from poor quality of vision due to a cataract? If a cataract is affecting your vision and quality of life you may want to consider having Cataract Surgery. Soroudi Advanced LASIK & Eye Centers specialize in cataract surgery and lens-based vision correction that is performed with a small-incision and is suture and patchless.
What Causes Cataracts
Cataracts are a common eye condition that can cause vision issues. A protein within the eye that can affect the clearness of your lens and interfere with the way your eye receives light causes this. There are a number of things that can cause cataracts including:
- Age: Age is one of the most common causes of cataracts
- Trauma or Injury: Injuries can cause the eye to swell which can affect the thickness of the eye’s lens sometimes causing cataracts
- Sunlight and radiation: long-term exposure to sunlight or radiation can break down proteins in the eye and result in cataracts
- Genetic disorders or skin disease: Some genetic issues such as glaucoma, uveitis, among others can cause you to be more susceptible to cataracts. Skin diseases such as eczema and atopic dermatitis can also make you more prone to developing them.
When Should you Consider Having Surgery?
Cataract surgery may be a good fit for you if your cataracts are causing the following symptoms:
- Poor color perception
- Haze in vision
Find out if you Need the Surgery
If you are suffering from the symptoms above, we suggest setting up a free consultation with Dr. Soroudi. Dr. Soroudi will perform a thorough eye exam and inform you of your eye health and discuss possible treatment plans. He will also be able to discuss if you are a candidate for cataract surgery and walk you through the procedure.
If Dr. Soroudi finds that you are a candidate for cataract surgery here is what you can expect from the procedure:
- Quick, safe and painless outpatient procedure (usually performed within 10 minutes)
- Surgery is completed with modern “phacoemulsification” technology (the Alcon INFINITI Robot with OZil “Intelligent Phaco Technology”)
- Femtosecond laser assists cataract surgery and offers a noninvasive technique
Benefits of Cataract Surgery
Along with removing your cataracts, modern cataract surgery may also treat the following conditions:
- Myopia (near-sightedness)
- Hyperopia (far-sightedness)
- Presbyopia (poor near vision after the age of 40)
This means, along with removing your cataracts the procedure may also eliminate the need for you to wear corrective lens without having to undergo LASIK.
Why Soroudi Advanced LASIK & Eye Centers
Dr. Soroudi is known as one of the best cataract and lens surgeons in the country because of his proven track record of over 4,000 successful cataracts surgeries.
If you are considering cataract or lens based surgery or would like to schedule a free consultation to have your case evaluated, please contact our offices at (888) 495-0977.Categories: Blog
99% of Our LASIK Patients See 20/20 or Better Without GlassesSee Our Money-Back Guarantee
We offer a money-back guarantee for qualified clients!
Surgery CenterGet the Total Experience
We do EVERYTHING in-house.
No need for Hospitals!
Come in for your LASIK or Lens Exchange ConsultationCall or Email Us Now
We offer laser cataract/lens replacement surgery.
Schedule your VIP LASIK, Cataract, Pterygium, or Eyelid Surgery consultation with Dr. Soroudi now.