Comprehensive Annual Eye Exams / Screening
Exams by Top Los Angeles Eye Surgeon
A comprehensive eye exam is comprised of a number of different tests which evaluate many different aspects of your vision, and different levels of your eyes' anatomy and physiology.
As part of his routine examination, Los Angeles Eye Surgeon Dr. Soroudi evaluates the following checklist:
- Checking the visual acuity with a computerized monitor screen available in every room.
- Checking the pupils for any evidence of disease of the anterior chamber / optic nerve.
- Checking the extra-ocular motility to evaluate for any ocular misalignment (strabismus).
- Checking for color blindness.
- Evaluating the amount of Refractive Error (near- vs. far-sightedness vs. astigmatism) with an accurate computerized retino-max camera / wavescan unit (available in-house).
- Evaluating the intra-ocular pressure (to screen for glaucoma).
- Gonioscopic evaluation of the structure of the trabecular meshwork (also to screen for specific types of glaucoma).
- Performing a corneal topography to evaluate the exact shape of the cornea (an important part of pre-operative screening for LASIK, intacs, and cataract patients).
- In-depth evaluation of the cornea or structures of the anterior segment with optical coherence tomography. This is, by far, the most advanced technology to evaluate the anterior segment anatomy to date.
- Evaluating the anterior segment of the eye with the most advanced Haag-Strait Microscope for detection of disease of the cornea and cataracts.
- Performing a dilated funduscopic examination with a magnified lens to detect any diseases of the retina (e.g., diabetes or macular degeneration).
Schedule a Consultation in Los Angeles or Encino
The series of examinations allows Dr. Soroudi to detect even the most subtle abnormalities that could affect your vision and provides him with the necessary information to decide whether or not additional, more detailed, examinations are necessary, such as fundus photography, high-definition fluorescein angiography, or high-definition optical coherence tomography of the retina.
If you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Soroudi, or if you would like more information about comprehensive eye exams, contact the Soroudi Advanced LASIK & Eye Center today. Our offices treat patients throughout the greater Los Angeles area, including Woodland Hills, Beverly Hills, Westlake Village, Brentwood, West Hills, Calabasas, Sherman Oaks, Encino, and Santa Monica.